Script are not enabled
The Santa Clara County of Education (SCCOE) is Committed to serving, inspiring, and promoting student and public school success.
Strategic campaigns to raise awareness of the overall benefits of education
Meeting the emerging needs of the community by providing leadership and support for children, schools, and the greater community.
A premier service organization.
Fostering respectful, supportive, and inclusive work environments within and across branches, departments, clusters, and sites.
SAN JOSE, CA – Students in grades TK-12 flexed their artistic muscles for the Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE) Young Artists Showcase competition.
More than 100 public and charter school students from 20 school districts within Santa Clara County submitted their artwork. This year's theme, "Your Art, Your Story", encouraged participants to tell their story through their art.
The 2019 winners are:
· Jamie Hong - My Giant Sunflowers (Blue Hills Elementary, Cupertino Union SD)
· Elijah McBee - The Trouble Boy from the Tree (Stocklmeir Elementary, Cupertino Union SD)
· Penelope Tai - Three of Us (Blossom Hill Elementary, Los Gatos Union SD)
· Steffi Yang - The Dream of Riding (Easterbrook Discovery, Moreland SD)
· Taphanie Tai - Christmas in the Moonlight (Blossom Hill Elementary, Los Gatos Union SD)
· Kate Chen - Summer Vacation Fun (Braly Elementary, Santa Clara Unified SD)
· Willy Ramirez Salgado - El Tauro (San Martin/Gwinn, Morgan Hill Unified SD)
· Ella Cheng - What I Love To Do (Cherry Chase Elementary, Sunnyvale SD)
· Ashley Venegas - Ocean Drip (Escuela Popular, Charter)
· Katelyn Hong - Growing Up Together (Blue Hills Elementary, Cupertino Union SD)
· Kai Etkin - Goal! (Covington Elementary, Los Altos SD)
· Lucas Li - My Dog and I (Meyerholz Elementary, Cupertino Union SD)
· Leslie Raiygoza - My Identity My Culture (Washington Elementary, San Jose Unified SD)
· Mia Perez - Fruit Dreams (Downtown College Prep Alum Rock Middle, Charter)
· Melissa Luong - Living in Repeat (Sierramont Middle, Berryessa Union SD)
· Jasiyah Riddley - Siyah 2.0 (Sunol Community, Santa Clara County Office of Education)
· Lynn Dai - Overcoming Adversity (Redwood Middle, Saratoga Union SD)
· Jidapa Leaokittikul - The Elephant in the Savannah (Price Middle, Cambrian SD)
· Mia Liu - Designing Dreams (Rancho Milpitas Middle, Milpitas Unified SD)
· Joanne Wu - Sea of Noise (Piedmont Hills High, East Side Union High SD)
· Catherine Wu - Aloof (Evergreen Valley High, East Side Union High SD)
· Gabriel DeLa Rosa - One Love (Sunol Community, Santa Clara County Office of Education)
· Dante Kirkman - Dare to Rise/It Takes a Village (Palo Alto High, Palo Alto Unified SD)
· Felix Manzo - Daily Mood (Sunol Community, Santa Clara County Office of Education)
· Abigail Santullo - In The Bubble (Palo Alto High, Palo Alto Unified SD)
· Maia Nantais - And Justice For All (Christopher High, Gilroy Unified SD)
"The pool of artwork this year was absolutely incredible," said Jeannine Flores, Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator for the SCCOE. "Each year, I am blown away by the creativity and pure talent expressed by Santa Clara County students. Thank you to the parents, teachers, principals, and leaders who encourage our students to express themselves with authenticity."
The SCCOE broadened the scope of who can participate this year, inviting pre-Kindergarten through twelfth-grade teachers to submit 2D, 3D or 4D student artwork to become part of the permanent SCCOE collection.
The Young Artist Showcase Gallery within the SCCOE is the largest collection of adjudicated student artwork in California with over 900 pieces.
Students have the choice of having their original work added to the permanent collection or a facsimile. Included in the collection are paintings, drawings, watercolors, photographs, sculptures, and multi-media works. The Young Artist Showcase Gallery is open to the public during business hours. A total of 26 pieces will be added to the collection in 2019.
The winning entries will be unveiled at the Young Artist Showcase Celebration. The gala event for the winners and their schools and families will be held on Tuesday, May 21 at 4:30 p.m. at the SCCOE, 1290 Ridder Park Dr., San Jose 95131.
# # #
About the Santa Clara County Office of Education
Working collaboratively with school and community partners, the Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE) is a regional service agency that provides instructional, business, and technology services to the 31 school districts of Santa Clara County. The County Office of Education directly serves students through special education programs, alternative schools, Head Start and State Preschool programs, migrant education, and Opportunity Youth Academy. The SCCOE also provides academic and fiscal oversight and monitoring to districts in addition to the 21 Santa Clara County Board of Education authorized charter schools.