Script are not enabled
The Santa Clara County of Education (SCCOE) is Committed to serving, inspiring, and promoting student and public school success.
Strategic campaigns to raise awareness of the overall benefits of education
Meeting the emerging needs of the community by providing leadership and support for children, schools, and the greater community.
A premier service organization.
Fostering respectful, supportive, and inclusive work environments within and across branches, departments, clusters, and sites.
Welcome to the Santa Clara County History-Social Science & Civic Engagement Program!
* The SCCOE offers history-social science workshops, conferences, and student events for K-12 educators.
* Customized professional learning services for districts for all areas of history-social science.
* Professional development for choosing and implementing adopted textbooks.
The Content, Literacy, Inquiry, and Citizenship (CLIC) Project.
* Professional learning and resources to help educators and school administrators successfully implement California's History-Social Science Framework.
The California History-Social Science Framework
Status of the California Ethnic Studies Initiative
* Resources from the California Department of Education to help students understand what is happening in the world today.
Curious to know what is new for you in History with the Framework? The State Board of Education, The University of California’s California History-Social Science Project (CHSSP), and the SCCOE are working together to support teachers, administrators, and districts with how to utilize the HSS Framework over time to “design, implement, and maintain a coherent course of study, to teach content, develop inquiry-based critical thinking skills, improve reading comprehension and expository writing ability, and promote an engaged and knowledgeable citizenry in history and the related social sciences.”(HSS Framework Intro pg1).
The documents available to download here will help answer some of the questions you may be having at the moment.