The Why: Every individual regardless of abilities and disabilities has the right to full access to quality inclusive learning and community environments.
Vision: Our community embraces diversity and supports lifelong quality inclusion for everyone.
Mission: The Inclusion Collaborative of SCCOE builds a culture that values all children by strengthening, sustaining, and ensuring inclusive practices.
· Engagement, collaboration and partnerships among families, educational systems and community agencies
· Full access for everyone in community and learning environments
· Leadership that models and advocates for inclusive practices in all community venues
· Accessible and integrated services
· Training and education on inclusive practices
· Diversity, in all forms
· Inclusion benefits everyone
· Relationship-based practices with the child and family at the center
· Continuous improvement through a focus on results
Children with and without disabilities participate in recreation and learning activities together.
Modifications and accommodations to routines and activities are made so that all children can benefit.
ALL children are welcomed and have the sense of belonging!
BENEFITS OF INCLUSION ( English | Spanish )