Common Core State Standards
Common Core State Standards Resources
The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) were developed through a state-led initiative to establish consistent and clear education standards for English-language arts and mathematics that would better prepare students for success in the competitive global economy.
Senate Bill 1 from the fifth Extraordinary Session (SB X5 1) created the Academic Content Standards Commission (ACSC). The duty of the ACSC was to develop and recommend academic content standards to the SBE.
The purpose of this web page is to provide teachers, administrators and parents information, resources and responses to frequently asked questions about the new academic content standards adopted by the State Board of Education on August 2, 2010.
GENERAL OVERVIEW RESOURCES
- ELA General Overview
- Math General Overview
- Overview for Boards
- CDE PowerPoint
- Center on Education Policy
- Development & Implementation Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (CDE)
- General Overview
- Transitioning to the Future: Common Core Standards and Assessments
Professional Development Opportunities
- ELA Common Core
- Contact ELA Laurie Stapleton, (408) 453-6521
- Mathematics Common Core
- Contact Mathematics Cecilio Dimas, (408) 453-4302
Date last updated: October 23, 2012